We need to eat fat for our good health and ensure eating food rich in fats. It helps in carrying out functions essential for life. They give a sense of fullness, slow down the metabolism rate, and stop binging.
Unsaturated fats are 2 types; monounsaturated fats and poly-unsaturated fats. This includes Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids.
Read on to discover food rich in fats that are healthy:
They are loaded with fats. An avocado a day would be enough. It has 77% of fat. This is more than most animal foods. The prime fatty acids in it is a mono-unsaturated fat called oleic acid. It has 40% more potassium than bananas.
- It reduces LDL cholesterol levels and increases HDL cholesterol.
- Even though it is high in fat it helps in weight loss.
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory.
An ounce of Chia seeds has 8.71 g of fat. Most of it is Omega 3 fatty acids. One ounce = 28 g would suffice for daily dosage. It has antioxidants, protein, fiber, and calcium. They are 80% fat. It is packed with minerals.
- Omega-3 can cure the signs of rheumatoid arthritis
- Curb on triglycerides in the blood
- It can lower the blood pressure
- Have anti-inflammatory qualities
It’s healthy and tastes delicious. It has 65% calories. It contains fiber and 50% of RDA for magnesium, iron, and copper. It is rich in antioxidants. Having 1-2 ounces will meet your needs.
- Studies have shown that people eating dark chocolate more than 5 times in a week have Low chances to die of a heart condition.
- It Lowers LDL cholesterol levels and prevents it from being oxidized.
- It improves brain function and repairs the skin after exposure to the sun.
These are a good source of protein. One hard-boiled 50g egg contains 78g calories. The yolk has vitamin D, phytonutrients like Lutein and choline. It’s recommended to have 2-6 eggs per week.
- It helps in the right functioning of the liver, brain, muscles, and nerves.
- As opposed to conventional belief eggs increase the HDL cholesterol levels in the body.
- These are weight loss-friendly and filling in nature.
- It also helps in losing belly fat.
This includes salmon, trout, and mackerel. These are loaded with proteins and Omega-3 fatty acids. And contains all essential nutrients. If you don’t eat fish then it’s substitute Cod fish liver oil will work. It has plenty of vitamin D and Omega-3 fatty acids. An effective dosage is 200-4000 mg.
- It Lowers the risk of heart disease and dementia
They give a good dose of fiber and Omega-3 fatty acid. 2 tablespoon has of it has 9g of unsaturated fat and 5.6g of fiber. A good source of lignans. Eat 10-15 g daily.
- It reduces cholesterol
- Provides the filling sense
- Consumption of lignans reduces cardiovascular risks.
They are an amazing plant-based source of protein. It is amongst the food rich in fats and fiber. It is rich in Vitamin E and magnesium. 20-25 nuts daily will work for your body.
- Studies suggest that people eating nuts are less likely to put on weight in the long run.
- This lowers the risk of obesity.
- It improves cardiovascular conditions.
- Prevents type 2 diabetes.
A full-fat yogurt contains a good amount of probiotic bacteria that help in digestion. Eat full-fat yogurt or Greek yogurt and avoid those that have added sugar in them. 1 cup of yogurt a day is enough.
- It can reduce weight gain and obesity
- Aid in improving heart Condition
- It can reduce blood pressure by 20% in women.
These food are rich in fats, they are also cheap, easily available, and have high nutritional value. Missing out on these implies missing out on your health.
Read More Health And Fitness Blogs