Coronaviruses are a group of viruses that cause sickness or disease in humans and animals. In human beings, various viruses cause respiratory illness starting from the common cold to chronic and severe diseases. Recently, it has been discovered that the Corona Virus causes Corona Virus Disease which is known as COVID-19. There are no particular symptoms of Corona Virus and it has different effects on different people
COVID-19 was known after there was an outbreak in Wuhan, China, on December 19. It has become a pandemic that is affecting the countries globally. It has been seen that the COVID-19 is spreading through the droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when the infected human sneezes or coughs or spits.
Symptoms of Corona Virus
COVID-19 has shown different effects on different people. People infected with this virus have reported a wide range of symptoms of Corona Virus which ranges from mild to severe illness.
Most of the common symptoms which have been seen or reported are:-
- Shortness of Breath
Some of the symptoms which have been reported but are less common:-
- Muscle or Joints Aches and Pain
- Nasal Congestion
- Sore Throat
- Repeated Shaking with Chills
- Conjunctivitis (which refers to an infection or inflammation in the transparent membrane which lines your eyelid and covers the white part in your eyeball)
- Loss of Taste or Smell
From these, some of the serious symptoms of Corona Virus are chest pain or pressure, shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing, and loss of speech or movement. If someone is experiencing these symptoms, he/she should not delay and immediately seek medical help.
People with less severe symptoms of the Corona Virus should take care of themselves by staying home. On average, people infected with COVID-19 show symptoms in 5-6 days, but it can take a maximum of 14 days to observe and identify the symptoms.
Pregnant women with some other medical illness can become a victim of COVID-19. But a large majority of them will only experience mild symptoms such as cough, fever, headache, shortness of breath, etc.
Although there is no such evidence that will it affect the body or not, because only those pregnant women who were very unwell has delivered premature baby, but it is still unclear that it was because of COVID-19 or if the baby born early for benefitting woman’s health.
Older people and others, who have chronic severe medical conditions such as heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes, are at greater risk of getting COVID-19 and developing serious issues from this virus.
How to Cure Corona?
While some traditional home remedies can provide comfort and reduce symptoms of Corona Virus, but there is no vaccine and the ultimate cure for this virus. Pregnant women experience bodily changes and immunity changes, and they can be severely affected by COVID-19.
Approximately 80% of the people have recovered from this virus without getting hospital treatment. There can be no cure for it but there are some preventive measures we can take which will help in protecting ourselves from COVID-19.
- The sanitizer has become an essential need nowadays. If you are out and don’t have water and soap, you can use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Maintain at least 1-meter distance from the people around you, and more distance from the people coughing or sneezing.
- Use etiquette, before coughing or sneezing cover your mouth with a cloth or mask.
- Try not to go out unnecessarily, stay home, and take care of yourself.
- If you are feeling unwell or any type of sickness, you should immediately go home or seek medical help if there is no reduction in your sickness.
- Avoid any types of drugs like smoking, drinking, etc., because it will weaken your lungs.
- Eat healthily and keep yourself hydrated, as keeping your metabolism and immunity intact will protect you from getting any illness.
- Exercise at home and keep yourself healthy.
Consider these effective ways which will help in protecting or recovering with COVID-19. On the other hand, researchers with the help of medical professionals have been studying the drugs which can help recover from this virus and trying to create a vaccine for it.
Ways to Stop Corona from Spreading
We have witnessed the spreading of COVID-19 because of which many countries and cities had experienced and are experiencing lockdown or curfew.
Limited data from research suggests that there is no evidence that pregnant women are at greater risk of getting COVID-19. There are some ways from which you can help in cutting off the spreading of COVID-19.
- Washing hands is very essential at this time. Wash your hands with warm or lukewarm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face because there is a chance that it would enter your body. If you caught the virus from touching anything, you should avoid touching any part of your face or forehead which includes mouth, nose, or eyes.
- Don’t shake hands with other people and also don’t hug people in this pandemic. You don’t know if another person is infected with COVID-19 because the symptoms are observed after 5-6 days.
- Don’t share personal items with anyone such as phone, makeup, comb, clothes, etc. It is also important that you should not share any utensils because there is a high chance that you can catch this virus when these items will come back.
- Cover your face when you cough or sneeze, because there is a high chance that you can spread COVID-19. And after cough or sneeze, wash your hands thoroughly.
- The government of most of the countries has asked to maintain distance, and you should take social distancing very seriously. Do not gather in groups, where there is a higher chance of getting COVID-19.
- Wash the vegetables or fruits you buy before use or keep the groceries aside for at least 12 hours which can lead to killing the germs in them.
- If you experience any of these symptoms you should immediately seek doctor’s help or self-quarantine yourself as you can spread this virus to your loved ones.
During this pandemic, take care of yourself, take preventive measures, and protect your health. Increase your immunity and metabolism and if you get infected seek treatment. Keep yourself updated form the information about COVID-19.
Read more Health And Fitness Blogs