Eggs have been making their way to everyone’s plates for a long time. They are versatile in nature. They can be fried, boiled, scrambled, or baked. They are an excellent source of protein and there are a lot of benefits of eggs. Along with that, it contains essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. It is probably one of the best sources of protein found in the kitchen.
In some parts of the world, other than chicken eggs, quail or duck eggs are also eaten. The variety of egg dishes that can be made and the Nutritional value it adds to our diet makes it a top choice for gaining a healthy body.
The amount of protein found in an egg is 6 grams. It consists of two parts. The egg white and the egg yolk. Both of them contain important vitamins like vitamin A, B, B2, B6, B12, E, D and K and minerals such as iron copper and zinc. The egg white is 87% water and 13% protein. The majority of the protein is found in the egg yolk. Studies have shown that eggs provide 647 KJ of energy.
The following are the benefits of Eggs:-
- It’s a myth that consumption of Eggs increases cholesterol in the body. The egg yolk is rich in cholesterol it’s the amount being 212mg. On a daily basis, our liver produces large amounts of cholesterol. So if we consume eggs our liver simply produces less amount of cholesterol. By this mechanism, the cholesterol levels are regulated. There might be some exceptions for people allergic to Eggs.
- Egg intake increases the levels of HDL (High-density lipoprotein) in the body. This is known as “good” Cholesterol. Having High HDL lowers the risk of heart disease.
- Very few people are aware that eggs contain Choline. It is a nutrient grouped with vitamin B. It is used to build cell membranes and to produce signaling molecules in the Brain. One egg has around 100mg Choline. It breaks up the amino acid homocysteine which leads to heart conditions. Also, during pregnancy and breastfeeding, it helps in the normal brain development of the baby.
- Eggs contain antioxidants like Lutein and Zeaxanthin in abundance. They get collected in the retina and prevent the eyes from cataract and macular degeneration. The vitamin A in it impedes blindness. And it is also good for the skin and inhibits night blindness.
- They are a high-quality animal protein. People going to the gym include Eggs in their diet as it increases the mass muscle in the body. It lowers blood pressure and repairs the body tissues.
- The immune system also becomes healthy. Vitamin B12 improves the heart condition and the mineral selenium and Vitamin E work as antioxidants giving healthier-looking skin and hair.
- It contains the essential amino acids in the right proportions. By ‘essential’ we mean all the 9 amino acids that the human body cannot synthesize on its own and has to be consumed by other sources.
- The protein content gives a Full feeling thereby reducing the urge to snack on calories and helps in weight loss.
- The Omega 3 fatty acids supply DHA (Docosahexaenoic) which helps in brain function.
Eggs have multiple health benefits ranging from better immunity, good looking skin, weight control, etc. It’s recommended to eat 2-6 eggs a week. The benefits of eggs are inexpensive, easy to find, cook, and store. Thus making it an ideal preference for achieving overall well-being.
Read more Health And Fitness Blogs